I love Pasta especially when its made at home. I somehow have not enjoyed Pastas at the Italian resturants. Being an Indian & having so many spices in our food, its tough for me to eat something that is very bland & cheesy. Pasta Mania has some decent varities of Pasta & their pastas are well flavoured. Since I like Pastas I try & customise it the way I want when i make at home. This is one of the styke that I follow & here is the recipe.
- 2 cup Pasta (Serves 4) boiled (heat water and when its hot add the pasta salt & cook for about 5 to 8 mins or as mentioned in the packet)
- 2 large Tomato chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tspn chili powder
- Pinch of cumin powder
- 1/4 tspn of coriander powder
- 1 tbspn tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup boneless small chicken pieces
- 2 Tbspn Olive Oil
- Salt to taste & 1/2 spn sugar
- Few coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup water
- Handful of cheddar cheese (You can add in more if you like cheese. you may add in Mozzarella as well. if you are health conscious then skip the cheese and it will still taste good)
- In a Pan add 1 tbspn of Olive oil and fry garlic, tomato, onion. when this is cooked, remove from heat and once cooled puree this in the mixer or blender.
- Now in the same pan add in some oil and on low heat fry chili, Cumin, coriander for 10 seconds. (To make it more flavourful)
- Now add in the puree, ketchup, chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add some water if required. Combine the pasta and simmer for a minute.
- Finally add in the grated cheese coriander leaves and close the pan with a tight lid. Orelse, microwave this dish for a minute until the cheese is melted.