My little ones (LO's) favorite food is Chicken nuggets/ crispy fried chicken. I hate to feed him chicken nuggets from the burger places. Unfortunately, while we are out, that's is the options we will end up in. However we occasional dine out & whenever we do, My LO'S order will be crispy fried chicken with pasta. At home I make these at least twice a week. These are really easy to make & I use organic chicken breasts. These taste very similar to KFC fried chicken . These chicken strips are crispy outside & juicy inside. This is how I made them.
Making time: 30 mins
Frying time: 5 mins
Serves: 2 - 3 people
- 400 gms organic chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1/4 tspn black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Vegetable/ canola oil for deep frying
- 3 different plates
- In one plate mix all dry ingredients, All purpose flour, garlic powder, pepper & salt .
- Mix the beaten egg in one plate
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips & set aside
- Heat the oil & turn the flame to medium heat.
- Dip the Chicken in the egg mixture, now put them in the dry mixture & make sure you coat the entire chicken with the dry mixture. Now again dip the coated chicken in the egg & back again in the flour. Set this aside until you have 4 to 5 chicken strips ready,
- Now drop these strips in the oil & fry them for 3 minutes in the medium heat & another 2 minutes in the high heat, turning in between to make sure its cooking evenly.
- Remove from oil & serve the chicken hot with ketchup or ranch sauce.
- Frying them in oil in medium first & then in high is the key to getting juicy chicken strips. Do-not fry them in very hot oil, which will burn them outside & the inside will remain undone.
- You can also make these spicy by adding chili powder into the dry ingredients.