I can never get tired with chicken & there are so many ways to cook them. They are so versatile & tastes good even with just some salt & pepper. My freezer always has some chicken in stock. I probably cook chicken at least 3 to 4 times a week. Yes you heard me right... we are big time chicken eaters:) I cant think of a week without having them. The only time I hated it was when I was pregnant. I just couldn't stand the name, smell nor picture of a chicken dish. I don't know what that pregnancy harmone had done to me, that I hated to eat non veg & specially chicken. Well now coming back to today's post, this is a very simple chicken recipe which is very similar to many Indian Chinese chicken recipes. This is how I made it.
Serves: 4 people
Making time: 30-40 minutes
- 300 gms Boneless Chicken (Thigh)
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Corn flour
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1.5 Tsp. Chilli Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Light Soya Sauce
- 2 tbspn chili sauce
- 1 Tsp. black Pepper
- 2 Green Chili Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp minced Ginger
- Juice of 1 orange (1/4 cup)
- zest of two orange (4 Tbspn)
- Salt as per taste
- Less than 1/4 cup water
- hand full of chopped spring onions to garnish
- Cooking Oil for Frying
- Make a semi thick batter with all-purpose flour, corn flour, eggs, salt & water.
- Dip the boneless chicken in this batter & fry it in hot oil for 3-5 mins. Remove them when they are cooked & set aside.
- In a wok/ Pan add 2 tbspn of oil, fry ginger, garlic, green chili for a 30 seconds
- Now add in all the sauces, Chili powder, pepper powder & fry for 1/2 a minute.
- Add orange juice, the chicken toss well & fry this till all the sauces are blended well to the chicken.
- Finally add in the grated orange zest & chopped spring onions give it a good mix.
- Serve this hot as appetisers or along with Fried Rice, steamed rice or anything that you wish to have:)