I am so happy that I am able to make Kuswar for the first time all by myself. I am already one with making 5 items & I have another 3 more to go. Like I mentioned before, all the Kuswar recipes are my Mother's recipe. My Mom makes the best Kuswar & I am glad that I am able to share here yummy recipes to my followers. Today I am sharing Gulio recipe, Gulio in Konkani means round. since this snack is round in shape its called as Gulio. This snack is sweet & you can alter the sweetness of this snack by adding more or less Jaggery. This is how it is made
Makes: 6 cups of Gulio
Making time: 1 - 2 hours
Total time: 15 hours
- 2 cups boiled rice (brown or white any variety is fine but I used brown)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup white Jaggery
- 1/2 tspn Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the rice in water for at least 6 to 8 hours. Overnight is better.
- Now grind the rice along with coconut, salt & cardamom powder to a smooth paste
- Now in an nonstick Pan or any other big pan, add the rice paste & keep stirring to form a stiff dough. Once the dough is formed, turn off the heat & set aside to cool down a little.
- Now start making small balls with this dough & place them in a greased plate.
- Heat the oil & fry these gulios on medium heat until they are dark brown.
- Once they are fried store them in an airtight container.
Here is the step by step process to show how to make the Gulio dough,