Here is me back again after a long long silence. My Baking business www.sweetzionsbakehouse.com is doing great! In the US it is not easy to run a home baking business & also take care of the toddler. This summer break was pretty hectic to work on cake when my LO is all around. Now since he is back to school, I have found some time for blogging. There are most days when I am busy working on cakes, that I want to grab a quick bite. This recipe is exactly the quick bite kind one. Have them for breakfast, lunch or any time....I had left over sauted vegetables from breakfast & I used this to make the Veggie Fontina boat.OMG! this tasted delicious a must try. I am also planning to make these for my sons lunch too. This is how I made the,
- Hot dog Buns
- 1 tbspn of oil
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- handfukl of chopped onions
- 4 asparagus
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbspn Grated Fontina cheese
- spring onion to garnish
- Heat oil in the pan & saute the onions, mushrooms & asparagus high flame for couple of minutes.
- Now season this with salt & pepper, set aside. Don't over cook them but just enough.
- Now take a hot dog bun, stuff this veg filling in the bun, garnish with fontina cheese & spring onions. Microwave this for 30 secs for the cheese to melt. Now these delicious veggie boats are ready.